Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally the God Claimed His Rightful Place

No this isn’t one of the antigod rants that you may have read before on this blog. But yes this post is about the God. The God of cricket, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. With his 88 runs innings against Australia, Sachin completed his 12,000 test runs and surpassed Brian Lara to become the highest run scorer in international test cricket.

Sachin has been my favorite cricketer all my life. Through all his high and lows, I have been his supporter (and that meant having some of the biggest arguments with some of my best friends). But during past few days (days it is. OK?) with Sachin facing so many injuries and few of his dismal failures, I had started to doubt his abilities. I even said to one of my friends that probably the time has come for Sachin to move on. (Oh my God, I can’t believe I said that! Pardon me o almighty! I would never do such impertinent mistake in future.) But with this fine inning Sachin has regained my (and probably millions of others) faith in him.

Sachin congratulations for yet another fine achievement! You are the best!

(Note: You may have noticed that this is my first post about cricket on this blog. So I guess I did the right start by giving tribute to the God of cricket.)

No comments:

Post a Comment